When I am gone


When I am gone

do not close down

the day

Open your window

to the rains

and senses, to twilight

Do not sing me

your loss

Listen to the poems

we read together

and smuggled each other

Words, unuttered.

 

Take long walks

through boulevards

of autumn leaves.

Watch the boundless horizon

and lives, un-loved

 

Remember me

as flashes of lightening

over the night sea

as the breath that pause

amid your work and home

 

Remember me

as your favorite lines, in solitude,

as the sharp blend of shades

on a canvas

or, the rhythm

of an eternal dancer

 

Do not hold me
a memorial
or a farewell party.
Let the bygone melt
as ice-cubes
into the sea
in a beer beaker.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Now that I move on

Tunes you play for me

The images that come to you on a Sunday morning